Thinking Outside the Box When Looking for a New Job
When you’re looking for a new job, don’t rest on your laurels. It’s important to look anywhere and everywhere, as you never know what you might find. Of course, there are all the usual routes to finding a job, and many of these will work, but you should always be prepared. Here are some ideas:
- Have CVs or business cards with you at all times. After all, you never know who you might meet. Things can often happen at the most unexpected times.
- Ask around. Speak to all your friends and ask if any jobs are going where they are working. They might be able to put in a good word for you.
- Look on websites for companies and organisations that you like. You might just spot that they have a new job opening.
- Hand out speculative CVs. People will keep these on file, so you never know when you might get a call from a company who has your CV.
- Network. Attend events and speak to others in your industry. Online networking events are also popular. You will meet new people who could have some interesting opportunities for you.